Monday, February 22, 2010

JamRock Indeed


I moved on from my last music post and dusted off a nice album that I would recommend to those who may have heard of him, but never got around to listening to his music let alone this wonderful album.

Damian Marley - Welcome To Jamrock

I highly recommend giving this a listen if you haven't or revisit it and make sure you have your speakers on high when jamming out to this wonderful album which (I believe, not sure) spawned the upcoming anticipated album Distant Relatives with Damian and Nas which i will be looking forward to.



Mind you, I have like over ten thousand songs on my drive that I collected over the years and its hard to zero in on good music that encompasses the whole album and this is one such album; others I would consider in this category would be (in no such order):

Maxwell - Urban Hangout Suite
Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs
Soundbombing Volume 2 (Fucking Amazing Album!)
DJ Honda - HII (Love the track "Travellin' Man - Mos Def)
99% Of Big Pun's stuff (Check previous post as to why)
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauder
Biggie - Ready To Die
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
KRS-One - Return Of The BoomBap
Joell Ortiz - The Bodega Chronicles
Wyclef Jean - Presents The Carnival
90% of Nirvana's Catalog (great music for my high school days)


I know; I KNOW there are other great ones out there and I know I'm leaving some personal ones out due to the fact I'm trying to get my thoughts together before I get distracted again and don't post for a while.  Mind you I don't have a musical background nor do I write for a music magazine, these are my PERSONAL choices, but always open to recommendations.

BSoM

No comments: