Monday, February 11, 2013

Comforts and Troubles - The State of My Union...



Almost two years since I've posted; not many ups and downs, but a life focused on responsibility and family and all that other stuff really does take up a lot of your time, and the time you have for yourself, you just want to just pass out and hope you get enough rest.


My Comforts:
Argie, my life, my love and the enjoyable pain in my ass.  Love You.

Brandon, my son......this dude is so fucking smart and may have the emotional imprint of his mother and father, so god help the women/people in his life once he knows how to put his intelligence behind that and pull the (figurative) trigger on those around him; he will be an exciting, smart, funny and unpredictable person (among his other characteristics).  Cant wait :-)

Violet Rose, my little girl still growing and waiting to enter the world.  From how she's stomping around her mothers uterus she's gonna be Handful #2 of the Rosario/Luna clan.  That careful pride you feel as a father to your first son, which is amplified by him being your first born is a feeling that needs to be experience, it can never be explained.  I don't know how it would be any difference with a girl, the love is the same, maybe how our culture treats one another-especially women-it may be more cautious.  The younger me might not have been a good example of how you go about dealing with women, but I like to think I've grown to know how to raise a strong women from my mistakes and triumphs.

School, I've enrolled back into college.  For now I call City Tech in BK my intellectual home, even though when i walk to school i have sad envious thoughts when I glance across the street to NYU Polytech....wishing that was the school i was really in...whatever, a star shines no matter what the position and intensity.

Humeria..........wow, what can I not say about this drug; daily cramps 99% GONE; daily random abdominal pains 99% GONE; hospital stays NONE so far; although the reported side affects can make you not really want to take it, I'm one of the lucky ones, for now, it hasn't affected me, just my ailments from Crohns.  Being exhausted and in pain EVERYDAY is no fun, now I'm just exhausted!




Troubles:
My job, or should I say ex-job.  After thirteen years they decided to let me go.  Since going through this transition in my life and working through this last month they offered me rather than letting me go the same day, I find it prudent not to really say that much.  Being reserved is not easy, i do have a lot to say, but it's best left unsaid as to not have an impact on any future decisions/ventures.  It does suck having so much on my shoulders that they decide to do this, but my family is the only reason to keep moving on, they will not end me with their short sighted actions.

Tired all the time.......damn well at least while I look for a job I will have the free time now to fix that problem.

I have more, but I feel it's just too personal to put out there like that without having to deal with and creating situations that for now doesn't need to be created, but how i like to tell myself and others around me "the stuff you're going through now.....do you really think it will be a factor six months, a year, two years from now?  Why stress it if your life is not on the line?"

For those that read my blog in the past and checked on it from time to time, thank you and there is more to come!

BSoM

No comments: