Friday, April 17, 2009

My Crawling Creativity

In my life I've been blessed with a strange way of thinking; is it just mental illness or just creativity unfocused?

Of course I'll lean towards the latter since mental illness doesn't run in my family.......much.

The way I think (to me) is very painful; I'm into so many things that inspire new ways of thinking on top of the fact that I hardly forget anything nor do I want to forget anything. I'm also what you might call a Never Ending Problem Solver by which any question or situation that is presented to me I do my best to solve it or work around it if I can't punch through it. It's a lot to process every waking hour.

My mind doesn't rest, but it stalls the way I function. By that I mean the way you think is not dictated by the clock on the wall. I'll be the first to admit I can be a slow person when something is not a rush; plenty of people can testify a little to loud to this too, lol. Most of that is due to me being stuck in my own head on whatever thought occupies me at the time; by the time I notice I've wasted daylight and god forbid wasted mine or someone else time. Which can make me feel bad......slightly.

It's kinda bad since being like this slows me down, but I walk away with new things in my mind that might help me or someone else since I believe helping people any way you can brings positivity to you; just dont hurt yourself to much to help someone.

One thing that I like, but kinda has me worried is a lot of my creativity comes out if i'm working with someone; that back and forth can be great and spawns wonderful ideas, but me with my never ending self-questioning asks "can I bring that out of myself alone?". Time will tell if I can find an answer to that question.

BSoM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate somewhat. Being in my own world, I actually get annoyed when someone tries to engage me. And I find myself being deceptive, listening with a cheery face all the while wanting to smash their grill for taking up my time wit da bullshit