Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Car Driving By With A BOOMIN' System...



I guess from time to time when I find some interesting music I will post my opinion about it; such as the Travis Barker remix of Forever a few days ago.

The last FULL album i was rocking was that Slaughterhouse CD and that is PURE LYRICAL FIRE.
GET. IT. NOW.  Especially if you are a hip hop lyrical head.  Your walls will bleed when you blast that at home.

Right now what is making me deaf for the past few weeks since its release is Lil Wayne's No Ceiling Mixtape; now i know there are a bunch of people who couldnt give a fuck about him and thats cool; he's not my favorite, but he does rise above most who just rap about the same thing over and over and over again; I do enjoy his twist and style.

The ignorant side of me likes it a lot, but the side of me that acutally uses brain power sees it as a good listen, but since a free mixtape with him spitting with no apparent structure as he would for an album it lacks a path for someone to follow when listening to a story.  Well except for songs that are geared towards women and his ability to be a playa and handle his chicks; he's kinda on point with those songs alone.

The beat jacking he does is cool and he picked some hot tracks to jack.  My fav's are Wasted, Banned from TV and Run This Town; honorable mention is I Gotta Feeling.

The thing about him releasing this album for free to his fans is that most the songs (again) lacks a story line and just filled with punchline after punchline and over the top word play.  He's basically saying the things he's saying to say them cuz he thinks they are hot, but i have to agree most of it is hot if that's the sort of thing you are into when you listen to music like this.

Out of 10 i would give this a 7.5; it's a good listen and a nice change from the songs that these beats belong to that play on the radio a hundred times a day.

BSoM

No comments: