Monday, October 20, 2008

Body Upkeep....A Few Thoughts

Growing up in a home and being the only male AND the youngest made me realize a few things about the upkeep of a human being. I really didn't see it as "women upkeep" cuz i cant front my dad wasn't living with us and when he and i would spend the little time we did together i noticed he kept himself really proper for the simple fact......you have to take care of yourself.

Right now all I'm focusing on in this post is appearance. A books contents are above all extremely important, but if you want people to read you, lets face it...the cover needs to draw attention.

Some people use gimmicks, follow trends while others like to follow their voice and pick from various places to make themselves look as they feel they should. As i mentioned before i observed a lot from my family growing up and when I came to that age of noticing girls (high school for me) I did my best with what i had to help cover the contents of my book. Granted my book was fatter than other (yea i was the fat boy in school), but i made sure i wasn't the "stinky kid" or the "nasty fat boy". I had a lot of misses, but some hits so i know it wasn't all that bad, high school after all is very superficial.

Once i was done with high school and did a few months in college i was out in the world. When you're on your own things can go in many different directions when you're the only one responsible for your physical upkeep. I've seen extremes on both end and everything in between. Its kinda weird to see people not really give a shit about their personal appearance or how curtain aspects of their physical that other people can notice (smells being one of them) they tend to not pay that much attention too and let slip. On the flip side I've seen people spend way too much time on themselves to the point of acting like a mannequin while they are out and about and hope that not even a single strand of hair is out of place. To each their own of course.

Where am i with my physical upkeep? I'm good with mine; I'm working out more, i make sure i look presentable. I'll admit sometimes let the facial hair go to get that rugged look going. Most of the time I'm straight with mines, only problems i have is dry lips and facial hair issues. I don't like putting anything on them (lips) and when i lose focus on myself i tend to find myself with them (dry lips)....which i then immediately correct as with anything else along with any hints of a uni-brow (which i find disgusting).

I wont front when I'm able to i like to get my nails done with a nice buff polish. If you're a dude reading this.....WOMEN NOTICE YOUR HANDS. Unless they like that look of you digging through the dirt all day AND having a fight with a bottle of Talcum Powder, you should look into fixing that up. I would say unless ur like me with naturally soft hands and feet, having rough skin is a 50/50 thing with women, some like soft others like rough.

I guess everyone may come to a point of how they take care of themselves be it good or bad; all i know is what encompasses my world, my own focus and those that are affected by it.....then i just take what i know, what i learned and see if its a good addition to my arsenal.

BSoM

P.S. To any dudes AND females reading this or who like to give advice like this to other people.......NEVER and i mean NEVER fart before a date after you've gotten dressed. That shit lingers and you don't wanna be smelling like ass when you're trying to get up close to a cutie and it smells like you forgot to wipe. I'm just sayin'.

P.P.S. Good point from TrapSwagg in the comments; i forgot to mention the whole "Metrosexual" bullshit. I am and never will go to that extreme and if that's you or your man then hey more power to you, but i think for a man that's a little past the line of taking extra care of yourself.

4 comments:

Mrs.Bailey said...

wash yo ass iron yo clothes and do something with your hair.All that other shit is extra.I think its sexy to see somebody putting in effort and working with what they have even if they dont have alot.Im not into like...men who spend all day in the mirror tryna look good or men who spend 100s of dollars on a pair of jeans or some tennis shoes.Thats gay.

Camila said...

bwahahahaha stumbled on your page...love it :]

and when u brush your teeth, brush your lips...with a mix of a bit of toothpaste and water.

scrub vigorously on your lips and you will have plush smooth lips in no time.....let me know how it goes :]

kisses.
muah.muah.
camila.

Nutella Brown Baby said...

never has hands been a 50/50 for women. I would hope we all like soft hands. there was a guy i was really feeling at one point but his hands felt like a brillo pad and i could not get past it.

It's always good to look good and know that you look good without being too into yourself or appearing to be. Mom always said: "make the clothes, don't let the clothes make you."

oh, the fart thing is too funny. lol...

GP said...

Please don't touch me with crusty, nasty ass hands...i will get in ur ass for that shit...I can't stand it...friggin sandpaper hands. A man's hands are one of the first things I look at...they are very important.