Monday, October 20, 2008

To All The Faceless, These Are My Mantra's

I have a lot of things i tell myself to get myself through difficult situations or just through the day. Below are some of the things i keep close to me to help myself deal with the world as i see it.

Who are The Faceless.....most of you are. I enjoy my visitors weather you leave a comment or not, but most of you i do not know, you are my faceless friends/fans/critics/supporters and i hope my words bring you a different kinda insight from those who choose to not peek from above the box that is their life that crosses paths with yours.

What are your Mantra's? Below are mine.



TO EACH THEIR OWN
Think of everyone as having their own Vibe Line; you know like the strings on a musical instrument; we all create our own sounds/vibe along side one another. This is what helps me prepare myself to deal with someone I've never dealt with. I never have any curtain expectation when dealing with a person because once you interact with them and you have your mind open you can feel their vibe and hopefully it will be a positive exchange; if it is...wonderful...continue that growth and learn as much as you can from one another. If not, take what you learned and grow within while you move on with your life.



A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE
This is just the OCD organizer in me. I admire those that can keep a controlled mess around them, but something about me and the way I'm wired likes to have everything in line, shaped up straight and put in its proper place. It's a weird zone i put myself in and i do get in over my head because organization does get tricky when you're dealing with too much detail.



UNDERSTANDING IS KEY
I've gone through tons of things in my life, but these are my experiences, my bags i must carry until i set them down when the time calls for it. To understand someones situations and thought processes as to why they are going through what they are going through is key to helping them maneuver through the stress and reach resolution. Besides it also grows your understanding of a
person and things around you. The best Chinese proverb I've ever heard was "To learn from your mistakes is smart, to learn from other peoples mistakes is wise". Some of you may not want to open your eyes and ears to others when they need someone, but think about what you might learn for your own good.



NEVER KISS ANYONE'S ASS
This is one of the few things I've learned from my father. No one respects an ass kisser and those that do only get used. Stand strong, but not over bearing and always know that respect is not achieved by brown nosing.



YOU WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY/ASK
You wanna try something? You wanna know something? What the fuck are you standing around waiting for......try it, ask for it. Never sit around wondering if you should; hoping it will come to you instead of you going to it. Do what you need to do to bolster yourself up, but don't take too long, then go get yours. Don't let those situations pile up from when you wish you would have asked or tried something when the opportunity presented itself. Regret is like a cold finger down the crack of your ass....a funny and unpleasant feeling.



SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS IT WORSE
Its kinda hard to think about it because you have to touch on someone else's misery to know that whatever you're going through.....you really haven't hit the bottom of the barrel. Know that life throws people many challenges and you may not wish to think of it, someone out there is getting it worse than you'll ever imagine. Keeps things in perspective when you bitch about something someone wish they could bitch about, but can't.



DO MORE NOW TO DO LESS LATER
Kinda self explanatory. Don't be lazy, lol.



WHEN THE TIME CALLS FOR IT WORK ON YOURSELF, BE A LITTLE SELFISH
Do people gravitate towards you? Do they feel you are their dock to their wandering ship? How battered and drained do you feel after being someones "go to guy"? Take that time out for yourself, be selfish enjoy your life and please yourself, hell have others please you for a change. Its best to recharge yourself from time to time so those that seek your light through their storm know that you will always be there. But be nice and give fair warning to those you will ignore so in a way you'll still be there for them, but you're gently nudging them on a path to help themselves when you're not around cuz you're on your "me time" grind.

BSoM

6 comments:

Bombchell said...

nice words.

gosh im that girl with the messy room. i hate cleaning because it seems mixed a lil with ocd, that it takes forever!!!! to clean/ organize i worry about every detail.

i need to stop being lazy lol

Dope Fiend said...

nice, im pretty much the same with the being a little selfish and making sure i understand a situation... but another one of my mantras... my main one through sticky sheeeet is every cloud has a silver lining. Also finish what ty9u started....but i think that's just my OCD!

Jaded said...

Everytime I hear that quote:

There's a place for everything and everything in its place.

I think of the jetsons...remember rosie thought she was gonna be replaced so she was like re-wired or something? I don't know. I just remember she was cleaning all hectically(word?)ans started putting EVERYTHING in some place. good stuff.

Quesha said...

i am with you on most of these...well except the organization part. i have somewhat of an "organized" chaos amongst me. i am constantly trying to make it better tho...everything else, i am right there witcha. peace.

GP said...

I love this one. I agree with most of your mantras. It seems that I have been the "go to guy" for a lot of people and I used to just take time for myself without warning...but then I realized that I should let them know that I'm not gonna be available. Some even started offering to be there for me too..imagine that! Faceless...yes aren't we all, especially online. And yes...just when you think you have it bad, you hear about somebody else's issues and begin to think, how blessed you are to have your "little" problems.

the 3rd tWin said...

i really feel what you were saying about "understanding". i got a lot of friends + we all done been through our ups, down, outs + in with life so far. i look at the things my friends go through + learn how to handle or go about certain situations.

also, i believe the people around you is a mirror sometimes. there has been too many times times where i said to myself that they need to get tha part of their life together, then turn around + notice that im doing the same thing. same script, different cast...

nice blog man!