Monday, September 29, 2008

The Ever Changing BSoM

I asked myself something this morning that's been brewing in me for months that I couldn't answer; I didn't want to face what that answer might be.

Can a person change? Can I change?

My answer......fundamentally, no. But not a solid answer if think about it.

I believe we have a base design to our persona, this foundation.......our soul if you like to think that way. I think that can't be changed..... it can be made stronger, but to the core it's who we are.

Once our awareness of self kicks in we hit the ground learning. Further shaping this design by what we absorb through our day to day experiences. These experiences do help shape the temple we build above this foundation. For better or worse.

In turn we shield our true self in certain habits we developed over time that would make anyone think "this is who this ma'fucka really is?", which makes you ask yourself in the mirror every morning "why can't people see me?". How many masks do you wear? How deep did you bury that part of you that you know is the person who you are truly happy with?

And through extreme circumstances and proper guidance that is the part of us that can be changed. Most of us come to a point in time where we shed that skin or multiple skins. We take this changed life with a new outlook, a new sense of "This Is Who I Am" which is more for yourself than those around you. If those around you fail to understand, fail to see; it's alright......i learned to be true to yourself, love yourself, strengthen your foundation and above all love who you are. Then those who do see will flock to your temple in droves........Not to worship, but to share in the light it reflects and with luck it helps them change.

Change is possible.

Can you change?

BSoM

2 comments:

Nutella Brown Baby said...

yes, a person can change. We can change because we were born with a blank slate. If we were born with preset definitions then I think change would be impossible.
People change everyday. In fact, the joke in my family is that I have gone through many transformations and that's true. I would like to hope that I am forever evolving and changing into something better because such is life.
How could anyone go through life and not change? Don't you learn every day? Didn't you think that men who were bald on top but had a ponytail in the back were losers, till you get to know them and realize that they're pretty cool? (Coach Bounds, lol) I'm rambling, but that's just a minutia of a change.

What I love about life is that everyday, I can go through something and learn something and I have the next day to start new with my realizations and gain and grow from that... Change is possible.

Speaking of change... Obama '08!!

Anonymous said...

Ofcourse you can change. But only if you choose too. Adaptation and growth are the key to any life force's survival. Those who cannot or will not change are left to a life of repetition; chasing their tails no farther in life then they were the day or minute prior. I have learned to welcome change and not fear it. Change of circumstances and variables are what propels some people to the heights of their life while other continue to do what that have been doing while expecting similar results.